Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Madiba Day!

Hello sunshiiiiine! Just been having lunch now and soaking in this gorgeous weather..!  Two minute noodles - one of many food idiosyncrasies and obsessions. hehe.


 



Anyways, today is Nelson Mandela's 94th birthday. 
I'm sure you all know Madiba, what he's done for the country and what an incredibly amazing man he is. I am very fortunate to say that I have met him! It was in 2000 I think, or perhaps the year before, when I was about 6, he came to my preprimary school to visit. I was quite a little drama queen back then and marched right up to him to shake his hand. He ruffled my hair (got the footage haha) and I was so proud I refused to wash my hair for the next week! Not only is he extremely inspiring, and has done so much for those around him - he is very humble, and that is something to respect. 

This is one of my favourite quotes, which happens to be by Mr Mandela. 
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." So, happy birthday to a man full of courage, strength, the will to act out for the people around him and the respect of the world. 
A x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...